Transport has been a medium to travel since eons. Early man invented wheel and then used it by attaching it to the cart for moving from one place to another. Commutation has been and will always be a part of our lives. People commute for various reasons, whether it is to go to work or just to buy groceries, we all move. We use vehicles that run on fuels and at the same time release pollutants that harm the environment and at the same time harm us. These fuels be it diesel, petrol or even compressed natural gas affect and pollute the environment. And to top it all there is a dearth of these fossil fuels which are depleting slowly but steadily. This led to people look and search for energy options to run our vehicles on. Now, we have cars that run on electricity but that is not all, the world of automobiles has a new member in form of electric scooters.
Electric scooters – The future of easy commuting
The electric scooters have existed for a long time between us but they have been looked upon as a proper source of commute because of its swiftness, agility, and small and sleek size and design.
According to joinfuse.com the electric scooters are two wheelers that run on chargeable batteries and can be charged easily using charging ports and can be plugged in anywhere at one’s convenience. The generic scooter electric model is called Segway. The Segway is used at airports, multi-level offices and parking lots. These are also used at metro and railway stations. The more modified electric scooters now come in proper models that have a two wheeler model. The electric scooter was first invented somewhere in the 19th century and has since evolved over the years. The first commercial manufacturing was done for kids and was bought as toys. Earlier they worked on batteries that were replaceable and had short life cycles.
The big players in automobile industry saw the opportunity and potential in the market and delved into manufacturing scooters. The automobile giants have come up with hybrid models that are fast, swift, have less re-fuel time, require less maintenance, do not make noise and are a big contributor to the noise pollution reduction program. According to joinfuse.com it is said that electric scooters and bikes have seen a boom in sales over the years and have been adopted over the years as the generic model of commuting.
Advantages of electric bikes
- A light weight electric scooter or Segway is fast and serves as a quick mode of transport
- It is environment friendly
- It comes as a foldable vehicle and is thus portable. Thus, you do not need to worry if you are travelling to other places or shifting your accommodation. Just, fold it and take it anywhere you want to
- It is the best way to move around the city in times of heavy traffic and is best for exploring the city at your own pace
- The scooters come with an in-built battery system that is fixed in the frame of the scooter and all that is needed is charging to be ready to go again
According to joinfuse.com the electric scooters though may seem very promising come with certain disadvantages: They are:
- The scooters are not built on strong framework and thus are not durable
- They cannot withstand crash and accidents
- They are fitted with sleek tires that are not fit for wet and dirt roads
- The scooters have a short product life span thus, they are not a good option for investments
- The electric scooters do not have government approvals in all countries
The future of electric scooters
Electric scooters are being adopted as the new way to commute by taxi service providers. According to joinfuse.com taxi aggregators are now coming up with these vehicles that can be rented by people on hourly basis and they are extremely affordable and safe. For these you do not need a license too. Though, the concept is very far from promising but high pollution levels, chronic diseases due to fuel exhaustions have forced people to consider electric scooter as the next imperative method of travelling and what follows next is yet awaited.